Group Data comes under AirAsia Digital which is responsible for spearheading digital transformation across AirAsia. Group Data works on business and operations problems across all entities in the AirAsia Group. Key problems we solve include improving revenue and reducing costs through large-scale data federation, predictive and prescriptive analytics, state-of-the-art machine/deep learning, intelligent scheduling and optimization, experimentation, and other advanced techniques. Group Data is also responsible for the data lakes across all our businesses, deriving insights and value from them and sharing them back with the businesses.
In addition, Group Data also actively participates in innovation and training in the Redbeat Academy as well as collaboration with strategic partners like Google, GE, Airbus, and academia.
We are looking for a blockchain and full stack engineer to join our Blockchain Center of Excellence under Group Data. Your primary responsibility will be analyzing requirements, designing blockchain technology around a certain business model, building and launching a blockchain network, and integration with 3rd party applications and the eco-systems specific to the line of businesses.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on Front-End and Back-End web development
- Research, design, develop, and test blockchain technologies
- Identify requirements, scope your research, develop prototypes, and deliver solutions that directly provide value to the business.
- Collaborate and work across functional and multidisciplinary teams in a dynamic environment to develop an understanding of evolving/agile business needs.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external partners to create projects with a high level of innovation.
- Collaborating with managers to determine blockchain technology needs and ideate the functionalities.
- Documenting blockchain development processes and complying with best practices in data protection.
You got to have these to carry out the Job:
- Experience with database architecture and design to create storage solutions for managing distributed ledger and related data/state in files/database systems.
- Ability to architect and design integration architecture for integrating applications with Blockchain and, also, participant organizations and their member nodes to the Blockchain network.
- Experience in working with different consensus algorithm
- Good understanding of Blockchain framework such as Hyperledger Fabric, R3 Corda, Quorum, Ethereum.
- Possess knowledge of Standards & Ecosystems work to develop blockchain product specifications.
- Be an expert in blockchain development tools and knowledge to link blockchain with business.
- Experienced in applying blockchain to create values in traditional businesses and new markets.
- You’ve interfaced with RESTful JSON APIs, cloud services (Google or AWS), GitLab and you are proficient in TDD
- Proficient with one or more programming languages such as Go, Java, NodeJS
- Familiar with one of the following cloud-based services: GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Good working knowledge of productivity tools such as G Suite, Git, Jira, Confluence.
The job is ideal for you if you have:
- You have 7+ years of relevant experience and/or Bsc / Masters in Computer Science/Engineering
- You are great in Data Structure & algorithms, Aptitude and problem solving
- Good academic records
- Exceptional track record in delivering quality engineering solutions at different levels of the stack
- Strong experience in distributed systems design and best practices
- Strong experience with continuous integration, test automation, and monitoring
- Strong experience in application deployment and high availability
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team touching different parts of our core services